Passports, Administrative Assistant and Driver for the Consul-General
Australian Consulate-General Chicago
Title: Passports, Administrative Assistant and Driver
Position No: 10277
Salary: US$ 46,030
Duration: 2-Year Term with Possibility for Extension
Opening date: 12 July 2017
Closing date: 30 July 2017
The Australian Consulate-General in Chicago invites applications for the position of Passports, Administrative Assistant and Driver.
The Consulate-General in Chicago is responsible for representing Australia’s interests in the Midwest of the United States of America.
This position is opened to all eligible applicants who meet the selection criteria and who hold their own right to work in the US.
The position involves a wide range of property, passports, administrative and driving responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Manage property functions including coordinating purchases, repairs and maintenance work for the Consulate and the Consul-General’s leased residence and supervise contractors
- Arrange contracts and agreements for furniture rental and maintenance services
- Coordinate the change-over of occupants in Consul-General’s leased residence including all property-related inventories and the purchase of furniture, fittings and services
- Manage customs and Department of State documentation related to the delivery and uplift of effects for staff posted from Australia
- Manage renewals and alterations to the Artbank contract as required
Passports and Consular
- As back-up Passports Officer, perform interviews, scan and upload applications to the Passports Production System
- Register receipt of and sending of completed passports to clients
- Respond to telephone queries about passports
- Manage the receipt and dispatch of diplomatic mail
- Manage online and hardcopy subscriptions and stationery
- Distribute incoming mail and publications
- Drive for the Consul-General as required
- Manage the registration, insurance and maintenance of the Consul-General’s vehicle
- LAN Administrator
- Backup for the performance of notarial functions
- Proven ability to perform office administration tasks
- Proficient in spoken and written communication skills
- Experience with, or capacity to acquire Word and Excel skills
- Current local driving licence with at least 5 years driving experience, and proven safe driving record
- Driving knowledge of Chicago city and environs desirable
- Demonstrated a high degree of flexibility and adaptability
Ability to work flexible hours and undertake overtime
How to Apply
Note: These instructions are for Chicago vacancies only.
Please submit application materials in MS Word or PDF formats only.
1. LES Application Form
Complete this form in full except for citizenship details which are only necessary for security cleared positions.
An LES Application Form must be submitted for each vacancy.
Include an up-to-date resume which details all relevant work experience and lists most recent or current employment.
Send Applications to:
Please send required documents to:
Applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview. Remote interviews (preferably Skype) will be conducted for any applicants selected for interview who do not currently reside in the Chicago area. If you have not been contacted regarding an interview within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Please send applications by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on COB Sunday 30 July 2017.
Accepting the offer
Those candidates successful in their application for the vacancy will be made an offer of employment subject to verification of start date, employment authorisation, security/background checks etc. Start dates for all vacancies will be confirmed after satisfactory security/background checks have been completed.